We were given just 9 months to design-build-commission a facility capable of conditioning highly variable produced water and flowback inflows from gas hydraulic fracturing sites and gas production facilities. The facility included two 35,000 m3 lined storage ponds, 1.6 megawatts of gas-powered generator, tank farm, process modules, chemical addition, aeration, filtration, clarification and solids removal.
- $2.5 million below budget
- Payback < 12 months
- 1st application of built-in secondary containment in western Canada
- Fast-track approvals from OGC
- Substantial mechanical/electrical completion in < 2 weeks
- CSA-approved in the factory prior to shipment
- Manifold handling 11 interconnecting pipelines